This fabulous home and gentleman’s ranch is a monument to vision, love and hard work.
Originally built in 1907, and lived in happily, it was a site of deferred maintenance when the present owners bought it in the 1970’s. They originally meant to fix up the home enough to rent it, and have a nice place for their daughter’s horses.
As they worked there, though, they found themselves falling in love with the original structure, which retained all the fine craftsmanship of the early era. Their creative vision also saw a way to attach the original water tower to the main home, thereby building a view suite for themselves. A downstairs bedroom became a lovely formal dining room. A rock wall utilizing local Jacoby Creek Quarry stones formed the living room fireplace, and the backdrop for the fine, antique kitchen stove. The kitchen itself was remodeled and enhanced to include granite countertops and custom cabinets that reflect the style of the era.
A triple garage with shop area was attached to the home. Later, an RV garage with huge roll-up door was built separately, with an apartment above for rental income. The original barn was still a monument to time, and it stayed in all its glory...plus some antique-style tin signs for décor. The berry bushes which had overrun the property were replaced with lawns and gardens. Three pastures were fenced for the lucky horses. A little greenhouse provides a warm place for plant starts, the cute “dew drop inn” provides a play house or chicken house, and an outbuilding was added to store their fishing boats.
Welcome to 2584 Jacoby Creek Road...